Thursday, May 7, 2009

my work isn't work

Due to the swine flu, all of Fort Worth ISD shut down for a week and a half. So, my doula/massage client came over today for a massage and brought her sweet six year old daughter. While Mommy was getting a massage, she was busy working on drawings. Thanks goodness I have colored pencils and paper. I have had a few disappointed kids come through looking for toys. Someday...someday.

She drew me this picture of a horse and at the bottom it says "hannah I love u". She is going to be a great big sister to her baby brother due in late June. I just love my clients. It is so fun and sometimes I feel like I really become part of their family. It isn't just about being at the birth, it is about building relationships that last a lifetime.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

That is so awesome, Hannah! I feel the same way about my work and I truly miss my clients - both HypnoBirthing and personal training clients. They really are like family! Taking this year off has been harder than I anticipated.

I think it is so special that her daughter colored a picture for you. I am sure she will be a fantastic big sister. :)

Hannah said...

New picture is SUPER cute. I love it!

Jerilyn said...

Love your new picture!