Saturday, November 1, 2008

the house

My parents have been here since Thursday night and we have been working non-stop on the house. I have a lot of pictures, but my computer is acting up so I need to share them later. We got a lot of sanding and painting done. The guys started working on the wooden fence, but hit a snag with bamboo and the project has been put on hold. The guys reworked some kitchen shelving and cabinets for me. The fridge wasn't going to fit in the short space so they shortened the cabinet about the fridge. Mom and I cleaned the kitchen and some other rooms. They gutted the master bath and we are doing the walls over. The toilet and sink are fairly new so they will be good. We took all 44 drawers and doors off the kitchen cabinets. That is a lot more storage than the 14 cabinets we have now. There is a lot to do, but we have put a dent in it. We move in in one month and I am nervous how we are going to get it all done. I have to get packed up and moved, plus finish a lot of work before we can even move anything over. I will share the photos when I return next week.

I am leaving tomorrow for a week long doula training in Arkansas. I am going to stay with Heidi. I am pretty excited about it, but I haven't gotten all my reading done before my class. I will have to try and catch up throughout the week.

Have a good week! I will try and keep a better update during the week. I have been slacking a bit in my blog posting, sorry, just too busy!

No comments: