Sunday, May 11, 2008

my mom the superhero and a blip on my BLOG

A tribute to my mother on Mother's Day!

My mom is a gourmet chef, a chauffeur, a counselor, a doctor, an artist, an author, a maid, a teacher, a seamstress, a secretary, a mediator, a graphic designer, a student. She is a mom, a grandmother, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a cousin, a niece and a friend. At present she amazingly is able to manage her family, household and acupuncture training with grace. She can have fifty six things going and still take time out to visit with me on the phone when I call for a petty problem. She is the kind of mother that tapes off the entire front porch with caution tape because a bird has nested in the wreath on her front door and heaven forbid if anything should happen to the precious eggs that were laid (unfortunately, I think my brothers and their friends unknowingly scared the mommy away :( She is the kind of mother that wants to make your favorite foods when you come home for a visit. She is the kind of mother who listens to everything and is very discerning.
I have a lot to learn from my mother. I can say that at twenty seven...at seventeen, well that was a different story. Thanks, Mom, for being who you are. I love you!

My Other Life
Life is busy as a working, studying woman! After four years of not seriously studying...I have gotten on the ball. I have 16 courses to take in the next year. I had a lot to learn from the class I just completed on Cancer Prevention and Politics. I have decided to start taking two classes at a time. Tuesday I will order two new classes to begin studying. I have been approved for the second phase of my studies in Holistic Nutrition. It is really getting fun and very informative. I have been blogging on my professional site about things that I have been learning and things that I am interested in and studying in my "spare" time. Scott and I are always picking each others brains about one thing or another. He shares a lot of what he learns at work and I share what I learn in school. We were meant for each other, no doubt!

Check out my other blog at http://lifestylesfornaturalhealing.blogspot.com and my website is www.lifestylesfornaturalhealing.com.

1 comment:

Jerilyn said...

What a beautiful tribute Hannah!