Monday, May 26, 2008

An Egle Family Weekend

We just returned home from a fun-filled weekend in Arkansas where we celebrated Grandma and Grandpa Egle's 80th birthdays. Everyone was there but Nathan who was in Wisconsin at a National Forensics Tournament. He sure was missed!

Scott and I headed out on Thursday after he got off work and we came back last night. We stayed with Heidi and Jacob at their new house that they had only been in for a week. I was VERY impressed with how she was able to be all unpacked and ready for company. Having moved a few times myself, I know it can get a little crazy. Sarah and Brady stayed at their house too, so it was a houseful.

Friday we hung out at the grandparents and then dinner at Lonnie and Anna's. They have a nice big house that would fit all 28 of us comfortably. There was Wii in one room, basketball games on t.v. in the upstairs room, wedding planning for Joanna, Guitar Hero, football (with minimal injuries), baseball, basketball, card games in the kitchen, and games on the lawn outside. A good time was had by all.

Saturday we fixed a big breakfast at Heidi's and then headed back to Lonnie and Anna's for more of the same and a barbeque for dinner.

Sunday we had church and a potluck at the church afterwards for more birthday celebrating! We finished with a program of piano by Mom and Daniel, cello and dancing by Rachel, Rose, and Rebekah Egle, Vocal and piano with Debbie and Laura Egle, guitar with Henry, a story with vocals from Donna Sawyer and a very special happy birthday sung by Andrew to great grandma and grandpa! What a talented family we have! We then headed back to Lonnie and Anna's for a relaxing afternoon.

Scott and I had planned to head out by 3:00 which turned into 4:00 then 5:00 and by 6:00 we were on the road! He had to be back at work today at 8:00am to open. We were sad to leave, but it was so fun to see everyone. We haven't all been together for a few years and there were a few that Scott hadn't even met yet.

Today I am just relaxing. I slept in while Scott had to be up early for work. I am getting him some lunch ready to take to him right now. I have to stock up on some groceries today and I am head to the gym as well. I was planning to get started on my next couple of classes today. I sent out for my books and they have all arrived, but I am still waiting on the two study guides and I can't start without those. I just got my grade for Cancer Prevention and Politics back in the mail yesterday! I got a 96 on my final...yeah! I hope that means an A in the class.

We don't have big plans for Memorial Day this evening, but I set out some hamburger meat to make some burgers for supper. Hope you all have great plans! We miss everyone!


Andrew and I are having fun outside. We watched Papa and Uncle Daniel play catch.


Uncle DeWayne, Grandpa, and Uncle Lonnie are playing Rook.


They got that head tilt thing down! Heidi, Aaron, Jacob and Laura


Andrew found a new friend in cousin Don.


Newly engaged Joanna and Jorge.


Lookin' cool in an over-sized Razorback hat!


"Papa, save me from Mia, she is licking me!"


Mom and Henry


Grandma and me.


Heidi, Sarah, and Brady relaxing on the porch swing.


Papa and Andrew sitting on the front porch.


At the program, Grandpa auctioned one of Grandma's cookbooks! I love it!


Hanging out playing cards and having snacks.


Sittin' on the front porch listening to a little blue grass from Henry....good times!


The Tankersley's...ahhh such a cute little family! Soon to be four in August.


Daniel, Andrew, Don, Benjamin, and Henry hanging out waiting for a potluck.


All the cousins (minus Nathan) and the grandparents.


A foosball tournament!


Uncle Scott playing trains with Andrew.


Ahhh! We're in jail!!!


Grandma, Debbie, Laura and Mom on the front porch swing.


Hang on for all your might Andrew!



Benjamin, Daniel, Rose and Andrew on the jungle gym.


Rose and me sitting in Grandpa's chair.

4 comments:

racheljenae said...

AWWWWHHH!!!! Those are all so cute and looks like you guys all had a grrreat time! That reminds me of big family reunions on my mom's side in Arizona! Lots of cousins...and looooots of people! Glad you guys had fun!

sheri said...

Thanks, Honey, for sharing these pictures and the story of our weekend. The celebration was wonderful and these fun photos help it linger a bit longer.
Love you bunches,
Mom

judy said...

I'm so glad you all got to get together and had such a good time. Those are special times, something everyone will look back on with fond memories. The kids will be saying "Remember when we all got together for . . . . .".

Jerilyn said...

Thanks for the good story and all the pictures. Sounds like you all had a very good time and made a very good memory.