Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A long trip to Arkansas

What a crazy week! I left last Wednesday for Arkansas to visit Heidi and work with a few of my old clients...12 to be exact. I worked Thursday to Monday. It was definitely tiring, but great to see everyone and visit with friends and family. Andrew had a cold and fever while I was there, so he was a little bit out of sorts for a few days, poor little guy. We sure had fun playing together. He showed me all around his new house they are going to move into in a couple of weeks. We played hide and seek. We took a special trip to the car wash to wash my car. We read books and played games. It was just fun all around. I was all set to leave on Monday afternoon, but sadly we got a call late Sunday evening that Scott's memaw passed away. She was 86 years old and lived in Russellville, AR just two hours southeast of Springdale. The funeral was this morning at 10:00. I met Scott and his dad in Russellville last night and we had to turn around and come home today for Scott to be back to work tomorrow. I was able to meet a lot of new people. His mewaw was one of six children. She was only the third to pass on. There were many of Scott's dad's cousins, aunts and uncles there. It was kind of sad that this was the event that brought everyone together, but I guess that isn't unusual. Anyway, we are home today. Scott pretty much crashed when we got home. He drove all the way 7 hours yesterday and most of the way back today. Plus we didn't sleep to well last night in a FULL size bed. I had a knee in be back all night :) All around, the trip was good though. I go back up in four weeks to work again so I guess it was worth it. Plus, any excuse to see my sister and her family is good for me! Thought I would also share some pictures and a couple of videos. The videos aren't great, but I think he is so cute! ;)



ANDREWISM's
  • "Hannah, don't touch me, I'm sick."
  • "Daddy gave me a biamin and I am all better now."
  • Hannah says "your name is Andrew Jacob Tankersley" and Andrew says "not Jacob Tanksly, just Andrew Tanksly."
  • "I have a dog, his name is Drake."
  • "Make the helicopter go super high."
  • "See my owie right there? Do you have an owie?"
  • "One, two, three, five....ready or not, here I come!"
  • "Drive fast like Lightening McQueen."

1 comment:

Em said...

I must say, he is absolutely adorable. I'm so sad I can't be in McPherson over May Day. You guys must plan these things farther in advance!