Monday, May 31, 2010

Busy May and Baby R - 38 weeks

Happy Memorial Day! Remembering those who have served and are serving our country. Thanks for your sacrifices to keep us safe.

Since Mother's Day, things have been a bit crazy. Needless to say, I haven't posted much since then.Baby R is 37 weeks and 5 days in this picture. Today I am 38 weeks. I have a little baby's bootie pressing against my stomach that is making me feel nauseous. Not for too much longer though.

The PUPPPs was getting so out of control and itching so fiercely that I went to Kansas to get acupuncture. I took the train to OKC and Mom picked me up there and took me back. It ended up working out well because I got to see Nathan graduate from high school that weekend too. The acupuncture was perfect. She treated my liver that seemed as though that was the main issue. I have felt really good since then, although, today my belly is itching very badly. That is how I noticed the PUPPPs starting in the first place. But, I am taking dandelion root and showering in a special soap I ordered just for PUPPPs. Praying I can make it through the next few weeks until Baby R gets here.

These pictures are tiny!
Congratulations Nathan! We all made it out to his graduation party and to see him graduate.

Mom brought me back to Texas and stayed a few days. She is pretty much the most amazing woman I know. I wish we lived closer to my family. While Mom was here she made curtains for Baby R's room and for the den. She cooked for us and she helped me plan for a friends baby shower. She left on Saturday so now she is on call for when I go into labor. Heidi is too. We are just hoping they can make it in time.

On Friday, the midwives did a home visit to get acquainted with the environment in which they will come and deliver Baby R. Everything seems to be right on track. I have gained 33 pounds, my blood pressure was something like 100/68 (I guess I have no worries), and Baby R's heart rate is 148. Sleeping is getting a bit more uncomfortable and when Baby R moves I feel like I am getting beat up. It takes my breath away at times. I wonder how big this child is getting. I did tell Baby R that I totally understand that the space in there is getting limited though.

This month is the month of baby showers, including one for me. Mine was very special and a lot of fun. I got to see friends I haven't seen in a very long time and visit with all the women that are special to me in my life.

My beautiful shower at my friend Carmen's house. It was so special!

My beautiful hostesses - Carmen, Cristina, Marissa, and Me.

Five lovely pregnant ladies! Rachel - due in Nov., Trish - twins due in Sept., Marissa - due in Aug,. Carmen due in June and Me - due in June.

My mother-in-law got us our car set. YAY!

More goodies!

This past Saturday these beautiful ladies and I had a shower for Marissa and her baby girl Gabriella.

Now, we are just waiting on Baby R. Two weeks until "due date". Hoping I don't go too much past that. It was 100 degrees here yesterday. Today I am going swimming and hoping Baby R likes that. I think it will feel amazing....I will let you know.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

You look amazing, Hannah! I truly wish I had been able to make it down for your shower. I love you, and I miss you. Also, if you ever need to take a train to OKC, please let me know! I could totally pick you up in OKC and save a few hours off of your Mom's trip.

You're doing great, Mommy!

Claire Coleman said...

Hannah, you look fabulous! You're in the home stretch! Almost done! YEA!!! And the best part of all is you'll be holding that precious baby so very soon! Hope the remaining time goes smoothly and fast! Can't wait to hear all about the details of birth, etc! Loves!

Lori said...

Yeah! You made it to term. Isn't is fun to tell people when they ask, "When are you due? Any day now!" I'm so glad the Acupuncture worked. Still praying for you!

Daniel & Gretchen Miller said...

You look beautiful!! Glowing and gorgeous.