Tuesday, June 15, 2010

some last thoughts

Even though Mommy and Daddy R gently reminded Baby R of the "due date" I think it went in one ear and out the other.

Yesterday was the "due date". It is such a weird feeling for it to be the day you have been thinking about in your head for nine months. Then it comes and goes.

I made it a point to be as productive as possible yesterday. I had coffee (decaf of course) with a friend, visited another friend and her 6 week old precious baby, then had swimming and lunch with the still pregnant girls from my childbirth class. Two of us were due yesterday so it was really nice to be able to hang out and have a little fun. I had intended to go to a going away party for one of my midwives last night, but when I got home from that eventful day I was crampy and contracting so I took it easy instead.

My mom got into town last night. It will be nice to have her here. After I get off work today I am going to have her help me cast my belly. I am not sure why I am waiting until now to do it, but better late than never. I have the oddest shaped pregnant belly. My placenta is sitting anteriorly and to the right and Baby R's bootie sticks out on the left. It looks so odd, especially when I have contractions and my belly gets squeezed around them and it looks all bumpy. So, it will be fun to see what this cast looks like.

We are definitly ready for this little one to come. The next I post it will be of little baby pictures and a birth story to share. :)

4 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

I'm so happy I dropped by this morning. How exciting! Your life will never be the same. Can't wait to welcome you to Motherhood!

Lori said...

You are in my prayers!

K Fisher said...

We can't wait to hear that the baby has arrived. Love you guys!
Kim, Jack, Claire and Mallory

Carol-Sutarooni said...

Came across your blog from the "next blog" button and am excited for you and your family. I was delighted to see you are a midwife and doula. You do wonderful work and there are not enough of you!

One word of my experience. I worked with a midwife, had terrible labor for over 24 hours and an unprepared c-section, childbed fever and nine days in the hospital. There was no way that basketball head was ever going to fit through the vaginal canal.

It is so important that midwives who do birth readiness classes have a class on c-section, so the dad can attend. It is also important for the midwife to follow up and let the mother who has planned a natural, and in my case, homebirth, know that she was not a failure. A living healthy mother and child is a success.

Best wishes for continued love in your life.