Sunday, May 9, 2010

mother's day, pregnancy, and motherhood

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all the other mom's out there!

I am going to be a mother this year. Only a few weeks left. Well, technically five. But, who's counting?


The reality of pregnancy hasn't all been glamorous...

throwing up.

24/7 nausea for 10 weeks.

restless nights.

heartburn.

shortness of breath.

itchy skin.

36G.

constant trips to the bathroom.

round ligament pain.

sciatic pain.

sore belly from baby's constant punching and jabbing.

swelling toes and fingers.

and my most favorite....

stretch marks (*sigh*)....but, I am not ashamed to share.

Baby R will be worth every second of these pregnancy discomforts and my forever changed body!

Pregnancy is a joy too....

love to feel Baby R move around.

anticipating the happiness baby will bring to our family.

preparing a space for Baby R.

celebrating pregnancy with friends and family.

daddy reading to Baby R and feeling the kicks of happiness.

preparing for the birth.

34 weeks

I know the ups of motherhood will definitely outweigh the downs of pregnancy. So, I wish all you moms and moms-to-be a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Beautiful post!