Saturday, August 15, 2009

thank goodness I am bored

Well, I am not really bored, but I was pondering today about the past several summers and how involved they have been...especially in August.
  • August 2008 - Recovering from surgery
  • August 2007 - Moved to Arkansas (on our 1st anniversary)
  • August 2006 - Got married
  • August 2005 - Moved from Kansas to Texas
  • August 2004 - Getting ready to quit Wal-Mart and start massage school
  • August 2003 - Actually, I think this particular year was pretty uneventful
  • August 2002 - Recovering from my burns
  • August 2001 - Moving to Arkansas to go to U of A
  • August 2000 - Again, kind of uneventful
  • August 1999 - Moved to OKC for my first year in college and Oklahoma Christian University
Then, there are always several family birthdays (including mine), vacation, and school starts back. I miss celebrating August birthdays. When we all lived in Mac, which none of us do anymore, Heidi, Emily, Henry and I used to celebrate all together....usually with a DQ ice cream cake. Wish I had a picture of that. By the way, Happy Birthday you guys! Oh, and I can't forget sweet Joely who just turned the big #1!

Happy 1st Joely!


Happy 23rd Hen!


Happy 29th to me,
Happy 26th Em,
and Happy 27th Heids!


But, this August, other than our trip and my conference (which was actually a lot), it has been pretty calm around here. Our first two anniversaries had major events surrounding them. I am glad that this year we didn't. It was a nice, quiet dinner out. Nothing too fancy. We ate at Mac's on 7th and then to Curly's for frozen custard. It was nice to have time to sit and visit about our goals for marriage in the upcoming year. I want to write them out and put them in our memory box and take them out in six years and see where we are at. We sure aren't where we thought we would be three years ago, but that is okay. We have come a long way. People say that the first year is hard. I have to say the first two years have been especially difficult for us. But, we are in this together and can see great things ahead!

So, since I am so bored....I will go read the library books on pregnancy and childbirth I checked out today! That ought to keep me busy.

1 comment:

MOMSWEB said...

I COMPLETELY understand what you mean. Sometimes you just need to exhale.