Monday, June 8, 2009

work, eat, sleep

After a 50+ hour work week last week, I crashed over the weekend. Two babies came last week at the center. One birth, in particular, got me really thinking. I guess I sort of had another "revelation" of some kind. Well, that is because I made the decision that I am not going to let my desire and longing to get pregnant get in the way of anything! I have decided to look at it this way....each day I have had since my baby would have been born in April is a day that wouldn't have gone the same had I actually had a baby. It wouldn't have been easy for me to be there for a client, or meet for a chat with friends, or work, or touch the people's lives that I have. Each day I will embrace that I was meant to have this day and be with these people and do these things. It is a blessing in a way...obviously.

Scott and I got acupuncture about two weeks ago. When we arrived back home, he had a revelation as well. He has decided (after many, many people have encouraged him over the last few years) to become an elementary school teacher. He is in the process of testing and getting certified so he can teach in the fall. He wants to teach elementary students, which he will be so great at since he loves little children. I guess in Texas you don't just have one teacher for every subject in elementary. So, he is getting certified to teach math, science, and history to K-8 but hoping to just teach in the K-4 area. I am so happy for him and this is going to be a great thing on our lives if it pans out. A huge weight will be off my shoulders. And.....no more 50+ hour work weeks for me!!! He takes a test on June 27th and if he passes, he can look for a job for this fall. We would definitely appreciate your prayers in this.


This weekend we are headed to Arkansas. I have a baby shower and we get to see the kiddos...oh and my sister too. :) We miss them so much! I just saved this picture as the screen saver on my computer which makes it even harder every time I look at it. They are sitting in Joely's bathtub, but Andrew says it is their boat, so a boat it is! I told Heidi that Joely looks so calm in this picture. She is going to be taking things in life as they come to her. Heidi says she such a happy baby. It has been three months since we have seen them....that is too long. I am sure I will take many pictures while I am there and have some fun ones to post when we return.

5 comments:

racheljenae said...

Hannah that's so great about Scott! I'll be praying for him to do great and for the right job to open up for the fall! And I'm inspired by the way you look at life, you just take it all in stride and roll with the punches! I know God has great things in store and he's using you so much exactly where you're at! Have fun in AR and give them hugs for me!

Hannah said...

What exciting news! I hope all goes well for Scott.

Looking forward to when you can not be working 50 hr weeks, too! Eek!

Have a safe trip and I am looking forward to more pics of those cuties! Tell Heidi hello for me. :)

Jolyn said...

Teaching does sound perfect for Scott. I have meant to tell you that Sean-Peter has had "Scott" a recurring theme in stories he tells. I thought it was just a made-up friend like his stories often are ("Last night in Antarctica..." is how they often start) but it finally occurred to me that inserting Scott's name in there had just started after our trip to Texas! So no coincidence there.

Has Scott ever considered teaching P.E.? He reminds me of the gym teacher at Olivia's school (only not so tall) who is leaving after this year, and all the kids are so sad. Teaching PE would certainly incorporate two of his loves.

Unknown said...

Oh, that is sweet about Sean-Peter. He does have a way with kids. He has thought about P.E. but those jobs are few and hard to come by. But, who knows what is around the corner!

Jerilyn said...

It is amazing how God comforts us, surrounds us with His love, all the time reassuring us that His plan, indeed, is the perfect one, and we can rest in His promise that He is guiding us each step of the way.

And what a revelation to Scott. There are so many kids that could use a Scott in their lives. We'll certainly add our prayers that God clears the path if it is His.