Monday, June 1, 2009

my conversation with God

Yesterday on a drive, I was having a little chat with God. Saturday night, I didn't sleep much because I had all these ideas in my head. BIG IDEAS! Back to that in a moment. So as I driving down the road, the infamous question..."why?" came up. hahahaha!

The conversation went something like this:
Hannah: "Why are you using lil' ol' me to do these great big things?"
God: "Why not you?"

That was my "aha" moment! Although I wanted to list all of the reasons why not me, I didn't.

If you are keeping up with my professional blog in the the past couple of days, you will see that a Birth Network for Tarrant Co. is in the works. I have been thinking about it for several months, but who am I? I am a brand new doula (BTW, doula is not a word according to blogger!!), no childbirth experience of my own, and no real childbirth experience in general besides the 13 births I have attended. I threw the idea out there to Donna back in December, but it has remained just an idea until now. With all the fantastic ideas in my head, I called her yesterday...apologizing for adding another thing to her plate. (She is a Bradley Instructor and mother of 4 and is busy!) But, she is the one to go to for this. So, I have been working to get the word out for a meeting of professionals to get together and form a network. It is a lot of work. Part of me thinks that no one with kids really has the time to get such a gigantic thing rolling in this big metroplex we live in.

I think it is exciting and scary all at the same time. I have had a lot of interest so far. I talked to another doula, chiropractor, and midwife yesterday. Northwest AR has a Birth Network and I am waiting on a call from the co-leader of that chapter to kick around some ideas as well.

So, I am going to try and get some sleep these day. Chamomile tea may become a good friend of mine from now on.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I just talked to my friend Chantel about you tonight at Yoga! She lived here, moved to DFW, moved back here, and will be moving back to Texas again at some point. Anyway, she's got the serious hookup with all sorts of birthy people. She named some birth group of North Texas or something, I can get the name for sure and get you her info. She'd be a great person to connect you with lots of people. Good for you!