Thursday, June 18, 2009

snap out of it sista!

While halfway to Arkansas last week, I realized I forgot my camera. I had a seriously emotional fit! I called my mom and Daniel who were also halfway there to see if they brought theirs. She said no because Mom knew I would have mine! I was devastated. I used Heidi's camera to take one picture and then I fell off the wagon. So, much to my dismay, and all of yours as well, I do not have pictures from the weekend. I am just now getting over it.

But here are a few highlights:
  • Andrew's new game is ballyball, played with a beach ball. We all made up a new game with the beach ball that if it hit the floor near you that you had to start spelling out your name. Hannah, Daniel, and Andrew all have six letters so it made it easy. We also played with HeidiT and Scotty. Andrew did really well keeping track of his letters. He spells his name quite well.
  • Andrew also has fun new songs that he shared all weekend.
  • Joely is now 10 and a half months. She says, bye-bye and waves, dada, mama, bubba, hi, and aaa is Andrew. I worked with her for a while to say Hannah. Thank goodness Scott was there when she actually said it because no one else believed me. Of course it wasn't clear, more like a-nuh, but I know she said it and Scott was my witness!
  • There was a big storm that came through on Friday afternoon. I snuggled with Andrew for a while and pretended to be scared. When he walked away, I said "Andrew, save me" and his response was "save yourself." Thanks a lot!!!!
  • Joely smiles at everything. She wrinkles up her nose and does a sort of snorting noise. Poor little girl is so chubby, but oh so cute!
  • They are working with her on some sign language and she knows how to sign "milk", "all done", and "more". I am sure she knows more, but that is all she did while I was there.
I will not forget my camera on the next trip!

No comments: