Sunday, February 22, 2009

welcome to my world

Here are just a few of the reasons I have been MIA for nearly two weeks:

1.) We close on our house on Thursday and we are taking care of last minute details and thinking about packing. Today I packed 3 boxes.
2.) I have attended two births in the last four days with minimal sleep. One birth I was at for 21 hours, the other I took over toward the end and was there for 4 hours.
3.) I have been going to Scott's basketball games when I can fit it in. Last night was a really good game with a great crown turnout.
4.) I have only had one day off since the 9th.

Life is getting busy. It is good, but just trying to stay sane. Scott's team is #1 in their conference and #10 in NAIA D1. The NAIA national tournament is the 18-23 of March. The head coach offered to pay for the plane tickets for Scott and I to fly together on that Tuesday the 17th since Scott can't leave Monday with the team because of his other job. We could ride back on the bus with the team after they are finished. The problem with that for me is that you just never know how long the games will be. If you win you keep playing. When Scott went to nationals in 2006, I told work I would be back in two days ( I had little faith since they were seeded 27th out of the 32 teams there)...it turned into six days and I kept having to call to make arrangements for work since they decided to go ahead and win the entire thing! If I anticipate being there from Tuesday to the next Tuesday, I will have to take off 10 of my 12 hours shifts for work, plus three days of massage appointments. What am I to do? I would love to go, hopefully I can work something out.

I am very excited for our move. I think my mom is coming down to help. That will be nice. I get lonely without my family here all the time. Heidi and her family are coming down in March. I haven't seen the baby since Thanksgiving. I am feeling truly deprived from seeing those kiddos and I miss them a lot. Scott misses them too. He loves Andrew....and Joely too, but he hasn't seen her since she was a couple weeks old.

I think that I am about to go to bed. It is only 9pm, but I need all the sleep I can get these days.

Thanks for sticking with me even though I haven't been keeping up.

Hugs!

1 comment:

racheljenae said...

I feel you... I keep calling them and asking to talk to Andrew :) I can't wait till they come in town! Heidi said something about the zoo???