Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the bargain queen

Yesterday, I got a book in the mail to add to my growing library of books on pregnancy and childbirth. I had ordered it online for 1 cent...yes folks, 1 cent. It was $16.95 at the book store, so I think I got a deal! The book is called Getting Pregnant: What You Need to Know Right Now. I find it very interesting that many couples who have trouble conceiving are not fully aware of how fertility really works. Even if they don't have difficulty, the whole process is still amazing and truly a miracle when you stop to think about it. The science of it all is so fascinating to me. So, I am studying up on it.

Right now I am just working with pregnancy and childbirth. Once I finish my degree, I would love to help couples in their journey to promote fertility, conceive naturally, and prepare holistically with eating right and living well. I am on chapter three of my new book (written by an M.D. by the way) and I have had to toss a few things out that I don't particularly agree with. Sometimes these books can freak you out more than anything. Especially me, I guess, since I am considered "high risk" by the medical community for another ectopic pregnancy having already experienced one. And that one, apparently, was not brought on by anything in particular. Although, it is amazing the growth that occurs in an experience like that.

I just finished reading another book called Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize. "They" told her (the author) she would never have children and she has four. My constant prayer is that I will be able to conceive and be pregnant with no complications. I am not going to buy into the whole "high risk" hype. I'll just keep praying, just keep praying.

Thanks for reading the stories of my life that is consumed with pregnancy, childbirth and babies!!! I love it!

Speaking of getting my degree, back to reading The Wellness Workbook! Almost done which means halfway through this class. Whew....

Everyone have a fabulous week.

P.S. We got a home phone in December. It started ringing pretty much right as the technician stepped out the door from hooking it up. Thanks to the National Do Not Call List, my phone hasn't rang in days! I highly recommend getting your name on it if you have a home phone.

2 comments:

Jolyn said...

Hannah,
That IS a great book deal, love it. We, too, did the no-call list when we last moved -- the telemarketers were shockers after living overseas; Italy doesn't do those much, and the few that called were easily put off when they heard my english.

Hannah said...

You little bargain hunter!

I agree - the entire process of conception is quite amazing.

I, too, just keep praying for you. I have a cousin who was told she would never have children and she's got an adorable 1 year old! :)