Tuesday, July 13, 2010

baby update

What a crazy four weeks it has been! Four weeks ago tonight, I went into labor. Hard to believe time has flown by so fast.

A lot has gone on.

We made a last minute trip to Kansas for a few reasons. Scott had an interview for an assistant college coaching position. Unfortunately, he was not selected. We are continuing to pray for the right thing to come along. That has been the hardest and most stressful part of the past few weeks is trying to find a job. There have been many tears, but we are trusting the right thing is out there waiting just for him.

While we were in Kansas, we went to my cousin Emily's wedding. It was Eli's first big outing and he did great. We had gone to Wal-Mart the day before on a short outing as a family too, but that was short and just a practice run to see how he did out in the real world.

So far life has been incredible with a baby. He is so precious and a joy in our lives. We had a visit with the midwives yesterday and Eli weighs 9 lbs. and 8 oz. and is 23 inches long. He isn't starving by any means.

I have attached a few pictures from the past several weeks.


This was Wednesday morning at about 12:30am. My water had just broken, but not much was happening yet. The midwives were on their way because there was meconium in the water. I was happy at this point.


Skip 24 hours ahead to Thursday morning at 12am and I am in the living room in the birth tub. I wasn't very happy at this point....just ready to be done. Scott was in the tub with me. My friend (and chiropractor) Rachel was there to help and one of the midwives was helping as well. It took several hands to help me deal with the back labor. Not a fun thing to go through. During a contraction, they put counter pressure on my low back and I could pretty much not feel any pain. I guess I will know for next time to expect that back pain because of my fusion and have more help throughout the whole process. Not even fun to think about doing that all over again.


This was our first herbal the morning after he was born. Momma loved it, Eli did okay.


He used to nap on the Boppy, but he is already starting to grow out of it! He naps on the sofa now.


I love how alert he has been from birth. He looks all around and listens when we talk to him. It is so amazing and adorable.


Dad's on diaper duty. It really wasn't that stinky, he just thought it was going to be. He is really good about changing diapers.


Sunbathing to help with the jaundice. He loves to be outside in the sun. But, we have to go out in the evening when the temperature has dropped a few degrees. The Texas heat can get too hot for all of us and we don't want sunburns that is for sure!

I love to just stare at him all day long.


The "milk drunk" look.


One of the many faces he makes.


But, I said, "turn that frown upside down"...so he did.


Eli's first sponge bath after he was born. It was a group effort.


It rained a lot the first week he was born. We took him outside to see it one day. I think the look on his face explained what he thought about that.


Yep, I am a babywearing mommy! This is one of my three slings. I love it, he loves it....it is all good.


I love this picture of my two boys.


My niece and nephew were loving on Eli when we were in Kansas.


Gotta love that grin!


Our little family at Emily's wedding. He slept on my chest during the ceremony. I fed and changed him and then he slept in the sling for 2 1/2 hours at the reception. Such a good baby.


My sister and her cute little family.


Momma and her baby girl dancing at the reception.


It was not an easy task, but I got them to take a picture with me.

2 comments:

Lori said...

What fun pictures! That is a cute grin. Isn't babywearing the best?

K Fisher said...

Eli is so handsome. I think he looks a lot like Scott as a little fellow. I am glad to hear everyone is doing well. Congrats on the beautiful baby.