Wednesday, April 14, 2010

birthdays, weddings, and showers....oh my!

Last week Scott turned 32! Thankfully he says he still feels like he's in his 20's. Don't wan him feeling too old to be chasing after Baby R.

Saturday we went to Tulsa to a wedding for a friend I went to college with at Oklahoma Christian. I hadn't seen her in 7 years. It was really fun to see each other again. So much life has happened between now and then.

My sister and friend, Katie, hosted a shower for me on Sunday. I felt so truly blessed. Some of the guests brought a blessing bead to share. Each bead or charm on this string represents a blessing shared by my cherished friends. I can wear this in labor to feel supported by the women in my life or while breastfeeding for the baby to play with.

Heidi made a delicious carrot cake that said We (heart) Baby! (and many other tasty foods) The cake had pink frosting! Yummy! And, we recycled "It's A Girl" plates from her shower a couple of years ago. It will be funny if Baby R is a boy. By the way...have you voted yet? Under my baby ticker is a poll. Curious as to what you think Baby R is..Boy OR Girl???

Katie and Jessica (college roommates from U of A).

An exhausted Mommy and sick baby Joely after the shower. I got to use my new ear thermometer to take Joely's temperature. Poor thing had a fever and really didn't care at all for getting her temp taken, but the thermometer sure is cool!

No comments: